Friday, August 31, 2007

Technology: 0 , Me: -2

So in preparation for the second class of the semester I decided that it would be a good idea to try out the projection system a couple of times to make sure that I had been able to work out all the bugs. Sure enough I was able to clear things up. I even figured out how to display the slide on the projector while keeping the speakers view on my laptop screen. Having managed to accomplish this in only a couple of minutes in the actual classroom that I was to be teaching in I felt pretty confident that I wouldn’t have any problems.

Incidentally, have I mentioned how stunningly fast this Mac laptop is at booting up? Wether from a full shutdown or just being put to sleep by closing it up it will generally boot up in less than a minute.

Well yesterday I went to the class about 10 minutes early to ensure that I would have enough time to get things rolling. I went through all the steps that I had successfully used last time and sure enough nothing happened. Not nothing went wrong, I mean nothing happened. The projector didn’t pick up the feed from the computer and I was left sitting there like a putz. Ok, I’ve still got time to handle this, maybe if I close the laptop and open it again I can get it to figure out the connection to the projector.

By about now you should be able to see where this is going and why I included that little mention of how quick the laptop is too boot up. Sure enough when I opened the laptop up it got stuck in some eternal booting loop that I just didn’t have time to deal with. So by my scoring that puts technology at zero and me at negative two. Some might argue that it should be 2-0 for technology but I don’t see technology as having won anything yet, it’s simply fucked things up and made me look like an ass. Stay tuned for more score updates in the coming weeks.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

our work lap top will onyl recognize new connections if they are plugged in when turned off. if the lap top is hibernating and you plug something in... you will get nothing. no matter what buttons you mash.

hope your next class goes better.
Katherine.

1:34 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home