Saturday, February 21, 2009

WTF!!!

So I was just in the middle of grading midterms after having been to the dentist this morning to get some cavities filled; yeah, talk about a fun day. As is expected, the anesthetic is slowly wearing off and I can feel my face and jaw properly now that I've been home over an hour. As the feeling began to return to my tongue I noticed that things didn't feel quite like they are supposed to. My tongue felt out of place, as though it didn't fit in my mouth properly.

As I was moving my tongue around I felt something very unusual; something moved under my tongue! Now I still don't have all the feeling in my mouth back just yet, so I cautiously probed what I was feeling with my finger. Next thing I know something fell out of my mouth (onto one of the exams of course) and I kind of freaked out. Below is the photo of my "prize".


It seems the dentist forgot to remove a large tube-shaped piece of gauze she placed under my tongue! I was never told that it was left there, I had no warning of any kind. I know this is just a minor incident, but this certainly doesn't enhance my confidence in her work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home