Thursday, November 09, 2006

I hate bananas!

First off though, I want to apologize for anyone who got a massive list of my "new blog posts". I upgraded to blogger beta and I guess part of the process sent out a lot of my blogs as new on RSS.

Anyway, back to my hate of bananas. Ok, I don't hate bananas unilaterally, I just have problems with them at some times. My main problem is what happens as they age. They get soft, splotchy brown and really kind of smelly. See to me a perfect banana is kind of crisp, almost a bit green. At that time the banana is still firm and full of flavours. As it ages and becomes more and more like baby food the flavours go and it's mostly a sweet and overpowering rotting banana taste.

So yeah, I have issues with bananas. And normally this wouldn't be the subject of a blog post, but obviously things aren't normal. One of my labmates, with whom I share an office, has evidently forgotten about a banana that he brought into the office. I don't know how he didn't get overpowered by the stench from the thing the other day, with the door closed there was a constant unpleasant stench in the office all day. Thankfully today I can either no longer register that odour, or it's simply run out of stench, because it's still on the shelf above his desk. This is why it's not a good thing to share any space with a pack rat. Below is a picture of the banana, if it sticks around through tomorrow I will start making a collection of decaying banana photos. I hope you like them!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Cory said...

Right on man! I only buy slightly green bananas, two at a time, and I eat them within 2 days of buying them.

I can't stand even slightly overripe bananas...blech!

9:49 p.m.

 
Blogger Christopher Robin said...

I know what you mean. I'll toss a banana if it even has a few brwon spots on it. I just cannot stand them!

12:55 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I really hate bananas...espcecially overripe bananas. I'd rather eat green bananas because they are so fresh that they are not as stinky as those yucky overripe bananas!

5:34 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home