Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Junk mail

Wow this isn't funny any more. I keep getting swamped with work. Once again it was the proposal, which needed some serious tweaking before it went out. Thankfully it's finally done, now I just have to wait and stress about whether or not I'll get interviews, which I can stress about when they come around...boy this is fun! Incidentally what day of the week is it? I've been confused by that for the past two weeks, the days keep changing but not in the order I anticipate. I think I need some sleep.

But before that I must rant. Why the hell does Capital One send me a fucking credit card application every god damn month! It's not like this has happened twice, it's been every month since I signed up with my health plan through the University, 18 months ago. What to know how I it was when I signed up for my health plan? It's because they somehow managed to turn my name from Christopher to Chirstophe R. And to think, I spent six years at a French elementary school making the Francophones call me Christopher and it's the Americans who call me Christophe.

So other than being pissed that my health care provider would sell my name for money; shows how much they really care about my health (fuckers). I'm just annoyed that I keep getting these pre-approved credit card forms in the mail every month. Seriously, do they think this will ever work out in their favour? I mean they have sent me hundreds of pages of colour printed forms, fancy packaging and all the bells and whistles that they could think of, still they failed. When are they going to get the hint? Do people actually cave in on the 23rd time that this damn thing shows up?

Maybe it's not that big a deal, but at least spam to my email address gets filtered and is easy to clean up. This crap just gets all over the place. That and, unlike my email, I don't really get much anything of interest in my real mail so these fake-out letters really bum me out in the end.

Oh, yes I know this is a lame blog entry. So tomorrow I will try to recount my first cyclocross race of the season. It should be a good read, there are pictures and I sucked big time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home