Monday, September 25, 2006

Weekends need to be longer


Well I just got back from Pittsburgh today. I can't even begin to tell you all how great it was to be out there with Deirdre for the weekend. It was a short trip, I only got there at 8:30 pm on Friday and flew back this morning at 10:00 am. But while I was there it was like I was in a whole different world. All the work and stress from Minneapolis just disappeared and I was back with the girl I love again.

It was kind of funny some friends here asked me if we were doing anything special and Deirdre was asked the same by some of her friends there. In both cases we had to say no. This weekend wasn't about any big diners, or special things to do. It was all about how special it was to be together again. Having been apart almost 2 months after seeing each other daily for months on end was a shock to the system. So to be able to be back together, to curl up on the couch and watch a movie and eat a pizza was incredibly special.

So right now I'm very happy to have had the chance to see Deirdre and spend so much time with her this weekend. But I'm also saddened by being apart from her yet again. Though it is so comforting to know that even with the time and distance between us we still love each other as much, if not more than before. What can I say, she's an incredible girl and I'm so lucky to have her as my girlfriend.

Ok, that's enough with the sappy stuff. You can look forward to more bitching and complaining tomorrow...like what's with all the security guards calling me "Chris" like I'm their buddy. If I was their friend they wouldn't me making me take off my shoes and jacket like I was some criminal. If you want me to virtually strip for you I want to at least be called Mr. if not Dr. ...ok, maybe I just crossed a line from rant to strange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home