Thursday, September 14, 2006

Deep fried and on a stick


Last month was the State fair here in Minnesota, the fair takes place between St Paul and Minneapolis. It's surprising how many people asked me if I was going to go to the fair. Now, I'll admit that I have never been to this state fair and it does have the reputation of being one of the largest in the country, but is that a good thing?
(*click the bingo card to see the categories, it's worth it)

As far as I can tell what you get at the state fair is a lot of animals and hicks from the country. And I'm not talking about your everyday hicks (the kind I grew up around) I mean your mullet styled overall wearing hicks with four and a half teeth.

Oh and there is one other thing, lots of food. But I'm not talking about good food. There are two words that describe the majority of the "foods" (I use the term loosely here) that you can get at the state fair: deep fried and on a stick. Thankfully I didn't have to go to the fair to witness this myself, someone dutifully recorded all 59 different "foods" that could be purchased on a stick at the fair this year. I can't seem to get YouTube to load the video to my blog so follow this link.

1 Comments:

Blogger Colin Vitols said...

Man, that video should win some awards... "Most occurences of the phrase 'on a stick' in 5 minutes or less." "Best use of gratuitous trans-fat in a video clip." "Weirdest shit that people will throw in hot oil and then eat." Something like that.

And on top of all that, entertaining (and sometimes painful) fashion choices and hairstyles, all in the same short clip. This one's got it all... :)

1:22 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home