Wednesday, September 12, 2007

How did I get this job again?

So this afternoon a colleague told me about a seminar that was going to be held at 3:30, it would apparently be a good one for me to attend. So I kind of panicked, I had a lot of work to finish off for the lecture tomorrow, I needed to get back to a vendor about a quote on an instrument and a half dozen other little things that I need to take care of. But I rushed through as much of that stuff as possible. I even accepted that I would probably have to take a later train home, since I wanted to check in on the lab portion of my course that starts at 4:00.

So finally after dealing with a non-emergency, which someone else made into an emergency, I just had enough time to get a Sierra Mist (what ever happened to 7-up?) from the vending machine. Then I had to rush over to the biology building, only there are two buildings, so I wasn't sure which one had the room I needed to go to. After searching a while I managed to find the right room, only nobody was there. It was then that I noticed a flyer stating that the lecture was to be held in some "Gold Auditorium". So having no clue where that was I had to ask someone, the same person I had to ask to find the room that I no longer needed to go to.

So, I got to the other building, I only had a couple of minutes left before the talk was scheduled to start, I was still good. Only, the new building had a great big sign announcing the auditorium, only no direction to where it was. So I poked my head into one candidate room. Nope, that's not it, there's some kind of class going on in there. Well every other room on the floor seems to be an office, maybe it's on the second floor? At this point I'm running right out of time, so I hurry up the stairs, only to find the second floor door is locked.

At which point I just gave up. If I can't find the fucking room the talk probably isn't worth the effort I'm going to have to put in, and I have enough stuff on my plate right now as it is anyway. So when I get back to the office and fire up my computer the email about the seminar is open and that's when I notice the key bit of information that I lost at the very beginning of this whole adventure, the talk is on Thursday!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sascha said...

Poor Chris. I think things are just way too exciting for you over there. Overstimulation can kill a person you know. Someone needs to warn Dierdre :)

7:25 p.m.

 
Blogger ~D. said...

Thanks, Sascha, but I gave up on him a long time ago. He's on his own with these kinds of things! ;-)

8:11 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home