Wednesday, October 08, 2008

I'm still riding

So I figure I should probably write something on here to let people know that I haven't been in more bike versus car fights. Actually the riding has been pretty good, I haven't been out with the club ride in a while but at least I'm feeling strong on the rides to and from work.

Otherwise life has been kind of boring lately, there gas been plenty if work to do, but nothing horribly exciting. Mostly I've been dealing with the classes (each one had a midterm), a pair of grant submissions and a departmental seminar. I somehow managed to get through it all relatively unscathed. In fact the seminar presentation went over rather well, I even managed to impress the department chair, who back in February was worried that I hadn't made enough progress in my first few months in setting up my lab. It was nice to hear that from him, I know that I was on the right track with my work and lab, but it was nice to get lots of congratulations from a lot of the other profs. So yay me!

Otherwise not too much is new, it's fucking hot as hell down here. October isn't supposed to get up to 30 C down here, but the last two days have been right up there, and the same thing happened last week. I never thought that I'd say this but I'd almost like a day that really felt like fall, you know cold and rainy. Here it may rain this month, for an hour or two during the whole month. But I'll still take this weather over what I had in Edmonton, at least this way riding to work isn't really bad, just a bit hot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home