Monday, June 13, 2005

Sometimes it feels as though certain superstitions are true.

Not that I'm the superstitious type, I'm really not. But there has been one aspect of my life that has always seemed to find some form of detriment under certain conditions. In particular it seems that any relationship in which I think that there is good potential some difficulty (if not fall through completely) will arise if I mention the fact of the relationship to others. Now I know that this isn't true, I know I'm not cursed, but sometimes it almost feels that way.

For those who cannot read blatant foreshadowing I think I've encountered a bit of a bump in the road at the moment. It seems that Kelly has been requested for a project by the Coast Guard that would keep her in San Diego until the end of September. I found this out Sunday morning, and it's taken some time to digest properly. She's very enthusiastic about the idea and wants to do it, which I support fully, at least in the rational/intellectual part of my mind. The more selfish/emotional portion of my mind however, would rather her be back here.

In the end I don't really mind, the situation is just a bit hard to deal with at first. The real challenge I find is to remember that she likes me, and that changes in her orders and the like are not her doing and are not related to our relationship. It has just been a bit odd as it seems that her orders change every week, first she was back at the beginning of September, then it was beginning of August, now October. So I guess if I have learned anything in the past few weeks it's that I shouldn't sweet the changes, one way or another she'll be back. If not, I still have her car...

Wow I guess this blog really is taking on the title properly now ("This is me"). I know that this is a bit more revealing than I am in person, but maybe that's not such a bad thing. Anyway feel free to post comments as you see fit. If you would prefer my commenting on life here in Minneapolis don't worry I will keep that up. I've just felt a bit more introspective lately.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there hon....
i'm glad to hear that you met a nice girl....it sucks though about your bump in the road.... :( it really does. But - to be totally cliched - - - - things have a way of working out the way they're supposed to. Cold comfort....soggy actually....soggy comfort. :)
And...like u said - you still have her car. She's gotta come back.
About that divorce though...hmmmmm...makes me kinda wary....not that she's not nice or anything but it's a wee bit of baggage. No kids though right?
Anyway, if you need to/want to - you know how to get a hold of me. My phone's always on.

10:12 p.m.

 
Blogger Christopher Robin said...

Thanks Julia, I'm not too worried about things, one way or another things work out. As for the divorced/divorcing part, I'm aware that there will be bagage from that aspect, but so far things have been ok. And there are no kids, which certainly makes things easier.

If needed I'll give you a call, it's good to know your there.

Thanks

7:18 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, at least you've still got her car, dude! Girls ARE good for something.
It's easy for me to say this, because I am perfect in every way.

9:01 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home