Friday, May 27, 2005

It arrived!!!

I'm stunned, my packages finally arrived today, and I now have them in my apartment! I have to say that I am surprised at how little overall damage the items had sustained, though most were repackaged by Mailboxes Etc. when they were returned the first time.

That being said, I'm also somewhat shocked at the level of damage some items incurred. Most surprising has to be the wheel stand for the stationary trainer. This is a strong piece of molded plastic, yet somehow one end has been shattered. It is still functional, but disturbing that they could cause that kind of damage. In addition it looks as though the side of my stereo was the subject of a swift kick, there is a large crack in the side panel (though this is only cosmetic). And I have no idea what happened to my CDs, they were tightly packed in a smaller package originally. When I received them they were in a new box, though it seems that before the transfer they had been hit with a hammer. This is all I can suspect, as about 4 or 5 had sustained deep cracks and were missing chunks of plastic.

But all in all I'm not to concerned, the bikes were well packed and appear to have not sustained any damage, and to be honest that is what I was worried about most. But for future reference I'm going to avoid dealing with UPS at all costs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home