Monday, May 23, 2005

More riding

Well it seems that the weather has finally made a turn for the better, at least until this weekend. I'm not sure on what the numbers are but I have heard that over the past 24 days (about the amount of time that I have been here) it has rained during 17 of those days. Now that's just fun biking weather isn't it?

Yesterday was another nice day, though the winds were strong, with predicted speeds of up to 50km/h it felt like spring in Alberta all over again. I was out for a ride with the UMN team again. It was a much shorter ride than the previous day, at only about 70 km, but the group was fun to ride with and we did some nice hills in St Paul. Oh the Ramsey hill that I mentioned in the last post, it's not all that bad a hill, it just really sucks when you reach it at 100 km into a ride. We ended up doing it twice on Sunday and it felt rather good (ok, as good as it ever feels to rip one's legs off on a hill).

As for the choice of teams to ride with, I think I'm going to ride with the UMN team this year. They seem like a lot of fun and I feel that my experience with ERTC and all that I have learned there will be more useful to the UMN program.

And on the lighter side of things I almost had the most unique accident yet on my bike. As I was crossing an intersection a motorcyclist somehow managed not to see me and was turning right at me. He noticed me in time and stopped, but I wonder how that would have turned out had we hit. I know I would have been messed up, but neither he nor the woman on the back had helmets, so who knows. I find the whole thing particularly funny as motorcyclists are always wanting cars to see them. Oh well, the only thing I can say is that I believe I have found a city with worse drivers than Edmonton, now there's scary thought.

And on a good note it seems that my packages have made their way through customs and may eventually arrive at my door this week! But I'm not going to hold my breath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home