Tuesday, May 17, 2005

A few more things

I don't know about you guys, but I kind of like these lists of things I've seen/learned. As it is I keep forgetting to add a few of them to the list each time so I'm doing another list right away, rather than after about a week or so as I had planned. So with out further to do here are some further items of interest that I have noticed:

  1. Messenger bags are all the rage. I sort of knew that they had been popular but these things are even more popular than iPods. For those that don't know messenger bags were designed for bike messengers, they are very comfortable, can hold a whole lot, and are very expensive. Yet it seems that every other student on campus and even guys in business suites are wearing them. Most common are the Timbuk2 but I've seen a whole lot of the much more expensive Chrome bags
  2. When shopping for my phone I saw the most ridiculous concept yet, a cellular phone with a tv in it! I mean really do you need to watch tv while you walk from the living room to your SUV with the dvd player in it? (sorry I couldn't find a link for the phone to go with this)
  3. Lots, and I mean lots of cyclists here are into riding fixed gear bikes. For those that don't know it these bikes have no breaks, no gears and you have to keep pedaling as long as the wheel is turning. To do this in traffic is damn brave.
  4. Maybe this is just in my neigbourhood, but people seem to have no qualms about standing out in the middle of the street, even with traffic around. But it seems that I live in an rather "interesting" neighbourhood.
  5. Oh and this is one of the states where a motorcycle helmet is optional. It's not all that odd to see someone without a helmet, at least it's not as bad as seeing the fools riding in shorts, sandals and a helmet. But the other day I saw a guy with a helmet strapped to be bike. And it wasn't like it was a really hot day...but hey maybe this is just more fun with natural selection.
  6. And this last one is just plain odd, I was at a nice little coffee/ice cream shop and had a cappuccino, in a paper cup! It's not like I was going anywhere, why couldn't I get it a real cup?

Oh well part of the fun I suppose. Anyway I hope this entertains/puzzles you as much as it does me. I hope you are all having fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home