Sunday, May 08, 2005

Homeland Security Strikes Again

As most of you know I'm not overly fond of the US government and a lot of what they do. Perhaps they know about this and that would at least allow for a logical explanation of why things are going wrong.

To get you up to speed you should know that before I left Edmonton I used UPS to ship most of my goods down to me here in Minneapolis. It seemed like a cheap and logical choice. Well I've been here almost 2 weeks and my boxes of stuff, including 2 bicycles, are back in Edmonton. The broker there has been helpful in getting some information about my situation and has recently learned from customs why my goods were rejected; apparently I'm not allowed to live in the US! This is rather surprising; the same organization that says this is the one that stamped my damn visa, allowing me to live in the US! But I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, this is only a branch of "Homeland Security" and after all they shouldn't be having internal communication problems now should they...

I wonder how safe Americans would feel if they knew just how stupid their systems really are?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you need any help sorting your stuff out to get it to you, just let me know!!!

11:13 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm getting my wisdom teeth out by a Dr. Chris Robinson!!!! I thought it was funny!!!

11:14 a.m.

 
Blogger Christopher Robin said...

Thanks for the offer to help, though I think at this point things are getting sorted out. Though I am feeling the need to vent at UPS after this latest gaff.

Good luck with the wisdom teeth, I don't know if I would trust a dentist with a name so close to mine. At least I certainly wouldn't trust myself with any dental work.

10:34 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home