Thursday, May 12, 2005

News form the mid-west

So not too much has been happening lately, which is why it's been a while since the blog was updated.

I do want to thank the guys at Redbike though, they managed to find one of my bikes that UPS is so competently trying to ship to me. I'm not sure how it was delivered to them, but that's where it showed up yesterday. So hopefully now that it's being reunited with the rest of the packages they may be able to make it to me this time, though I'm not really holding my breath.

The real unfortunate part in all this is that the really good fenders that I bought for the bike last year (and never really used) are in one of the boxes. And here in the mid-west it's been raining quite steadily for a few days now.

Today was also the first day that I did any training over at the nano fabrication centre, this is all related to my research. I can't say that I really enjoy dressing up in those bunny suits. Actually my cycling physic (or freakishly strong legs as Aaron puts it) don't really work well with the shoe covers/boots we need to wear. Because of the size of my calf and how long my legs are it constantly feels as though the covers as slipping down my leg. So I'm going to have to find a pair that I can pull up to about my knee so that I can tighten them above the calf to keep them in place.

For now that's about all that's going on, I'm having fun and enjoying the people around here. Though I do miss all of you and look forward to seeing you again.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the same problem with the bunny suit the couple times I was at the nanofab here. Apparently, they didn't factor in long legs when they were designing these things.

...Redbike!?!? How did they manage to ship your stuff there? So very stupid...

8:59 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey ya...glad to hear at least you made it down there in one piece!
Stay outta trouble there....and when u come up to Canada (I mean - - Calgary, the best place in Alberta :) )...we'll have to go for ice cream in cochrane.

4:42 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss you too

11:54 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home