Saturday, May 21, 2005

Riding with the Superteam

Well I finally got out for a ride yesterday with the Superteam, one of the clubs I have been thinking about joining. There were only 3 others to show up for the ride, though it was threatening to be a lot of rain, but it turned out to be really nice.

All I can say is that I'm somewhat surprised that I'm still in as good a shape as I am after only riding about 400 km in the last month. Today we pre-road the race that they will do next weekend, the whole trip was about 130 km, and I was not able to keep up well at all on the hills. Though I was also riding with 2 Cat. 1s and a Cat. 2, all of which have been training. In the end I made it but I have to say I really cringed when we went for a very steep wall (~10% for ~1 km) as we were returning through St. Paul. That one nearly cramped my legs up completely, but I made it home.

So I guess now I have to figure out which 9 am ride I want to go on tomorrow. Another one with Superteam or one with the UMN team again? I'll let you guys know what I chose, and whether or not it was a good idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home