Saturday, November 19, 2005

Update on my life

I've noticed over that last little while that I haven't been posting all that much on the blog about myself. Not that this is a bad thing, after all, my life, particularly in the colder months, tends to be on the mundane side of things. I'm not one to get into car crashes, get shit faced drunk (any more), or even have any minor catastrophes in my life. Sure my research has it's set-backs from time to time, but that really isn't blog worthy. So instead I look outside of my life for entertaining things to discuss. Why? Because I'm an attention craving whore. Seriously, when was the last time you saw me post on a weekend? Want to know why I'm doing it? My hits for this week have been rather low. I'm worried I won't continue the inflation in readership that has been experienced since I started the blog...I know, I'm sad and pathetic...but then again, you're reading this...

But since I have nothing else to say I suppose I might as well give you all an update on what I have been up to. So let's pretend this is an actual conversation, it would go something like this:

You - "Hi, how are you?"

Me - "Good, thanks. You?"

You - "Good. What's new?"

Me - "Not much. You?"

You (pissed off because you know I always say 'not much', even if I was visibly missing a limb I would say 'not much') - "I'm busy, I have to run." As you run away you might shout "Later" or "Go to hell!" if you're nickname is CMac.

The sad reality is that somewhere along the way I have conditioned myself to saying "Not much" when questioned as to the new developments in my life. I don't know why I do this, I just do, but now that is out of the way I can get on with what actually is going on in my life.

Honestly there hasn't been much actual development in my work lately. I have been doing a lot of planning and conceptual designing. Mostly because I am waiting on parts to arrive, I really hate that part of things. I will have to get things moving shortly on this project. I want to get something out of it shortly, hopefully I will have that breakthrough soon.

As far as biking goes, I have to admit that it's pretty much over for the season. It's finally become cold down here. And since UPS managed to lose some of my key pieces of cold weather gear (which I haven't bothered to replace yet) I'm not likely to do much cold weather riding any time soon. I should get back into the gym. I will probably check it out on Tuesday and get back into a weight training regime. My brother got me a great training book a few years ago for Christmas, I have used it as a guide for the past couple of years. I have never made it through the full schedule/program, as it is something like 12-15 weeks long!

Other than that I have been spending a lot of time with Deirdre, quite a lot of time actually...to the point where an abandoned building across the street from my apartment has gone from standing to being a pile of rubble without me seeing any stages in between. It has been really interesting to realize how this relationship has progressed. We went on our first date 8 weeks ago, and now I can hardly remember a day where I haven't seen her. The nice thing is how smoothly things seem to have progressed, we both seem to be able to communicate well with each other and are just comfortable being together. This past week we haven't gone out much, which was nice, it's fun just to curl up together on a cold fall/winter night. Tonight I will be cooking dinner, a bit of a celebratory meal, as Deirdre has sent off her grad school applications!

Spending time with her has been wonderful. In fact what she now means to me was clarified by a comment from a stranger on a bench in a little mall in St-Paul on Wednesday night. After watching us look at some of the pieces on display at a glass shop he commented to me as we walked past with my arm around her:

"She's worth more than everything in the world isn't she?"

It took me a second to register what he had said, but as soon as I did I turned to him and said:

"She sure is." She sure is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home