Thursday, December 01, 2005

Stupid sinks

I don't know who got the contract to install the sinks at this university, but whoever did it certainly had a strange way about doing things. One oddity is the variety of faucets and faucet handles that can be found in a single washroom. I mean we have all see different styles, single and double faucets and faucet handles that are knobs, levers or push-button style; there are as many styles as there are tastes. I just had never encountered so many in the same wash room at the same time; one washroom in the chem building has 4 different combinations of faucets and handles. But what the hell, diversity is the spice of life.

However, with my sinks I may limit my diversity to the style of the faucet handle. See some of the sinks have faucets that don't actually let water pour out, for some it's designed more like a sprinkler...actually more like a high powered mister. Either way I don't like it.

Today in the nanofab building I came across a new nemesis in faucet and handle combinations. This was a push-button style faucet, I can live with that, it helps conserve water so that's a good thing. However this on was not very well made. It was kind of sticky, such that it became a binary switch, either the water was not flowing or the tap was wide open. Ok, so what's the problem with this? Well, let me preface this by saying that I have yet to come across a sink that isn't at the level of my crotch. I swear that when I get my own place I am going to ensure that all sinks are above crotch level. You see, when this tap was full open it didn't have the expected continuous flow of water. No it seemed to be more like the flow from a water cannon, directed to my cupped hand, directly at crotch level.

So yeah, it's kind of sad, but the whole idea of this post came to me while I was drying off the crotch of my pants in a washroom. Aren't you glad that you stopped in to read this today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home