Thursday, April 05, 2007

Politics or underwear?

I know, it sounds like a strange debate but it's been raging in my head for a while as two distinctly different blog topics. On one hand, I could try and make some meaningful comments about the state of US politics and how it's clearly a game of whoring yourself out for money. On the other hand I could inform you about some trends in mens underwear that I'm rather certain you aren't aware of and probably would rather not know about in the first place.

Neither one is likely to actually make for appealing reading.

So with that being said, I'm going to go with shock value (and the post least likely to affect my visa application).

Did you know that only 67% of men buy their own underwear? Apparently that's way up from years ago when 80% of mens underwear was purchased by women! Now I'll admit, I was one of those guys; well children would be the more exact term. Maybe it's just me but I don't think I'll ever have Deirdre do most of my clothes shopping. Sure, if she's making a fortune in Hollywood I'll let her pay for it, but I'll still pick it out.

But all this comes from an article in Newsweek a couple of months back. It seems that high-end men's underwear is the thing in fashion sales these days. Huh. I guess I was ahead of the curve again. Now I know you don't want to know what kind of underwear I wear, but let's just say that they aren't tighty-whitties, nor are they value-pack plaid boxers. See I noticed a while ago that there were two levels of underwear; stuff that was made with really nice material and seemed to have some design effort, and stuff that felt like it was made out of hospital gown material and was about as comfortable as said gown. So I decided to pay a bit more for better quality, and frankly I'll never go back. After-all that's the most intimate region of clothing, so it may as well feel the best.

So since then I've explored a bit more and have learned what other styles and choices there are to underwear. Recently though I came across something that I don't think I'd even be willing to try. Now I should note that a lot of these higher end undergarments are designed to "enhance" your form. And some do it really really well. One company however felt that traditional methods weren't enough, they had to take it into a whole new realm. Here's a copy of the text they used to describe what it is:

features innovative C-IN2 sling support technology designed to give you a bigger and better profile. This is achieved with an adjustable ½ wide elastic sling inside the pouch that forms a ring around your scrotum and penis which lifts them forward. The barbell is removable and can be moved to a different set of loops on the sling for adjustment. (Simple instructions included.)
Yeah, I was scratching my head to trying to figure out how that worked. Fortunately you can get a diagram on the web page; I assume it's from the "simple" instructions that are included with the underwear. Do wonder bras even come with instructions?

Ok, so now that you've looked at the picture you might have a few questions, I had two particular ones.
  1. Isn't the elastic sling likely to catch and pull hairs out?
  2. What happens if in a moment of passion you forget what type of underwear you're wearing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home