Wednesday, March 07, 2007

"Scooter" deserves to go to jail.

By now I'm sure everyone has heard about the "Scooter" Libby trial, about the leaked information about a CIA agent. So I'm pretty sure most people have heard that he's been found guilty. But that's not the reason I think he should go to jail.

I should remind everyone that I don't watch TV, so I get most of my news from the radio (NPR) and some from the internet. So for quite some time I've been hearing the name "Scooter" Libby, but I never saw a picture of the guy, until yesterday. At that point I realized that "Scooter" or Lewis Libby (real name Irve Lewis Libby - is he ashamed of his name or something?) isn't some 30 year-old! I was shocked!

I mean with a name like "Scooter" I envision one of three scenarios:

- Either rides a scooter everywhere; something highly unlikely for a Republican, it's too fuel efficient

- He's just out of his twenties, and thus young compared to the rest of the fossils that you find in the federal government

- Or he's a dog with a hip problems and needs one of those wheeled things to get around

I did not expect the guy to be 57 years-old! Seriously dude, where's your self respect? Dumbass nicknames like "Scooter" shouldn't be used by adults, and if you are an adult and let someone call you that you're clearly their bitch. It also reflects on the professionalism of the government to refer to someone by such a childish nickname. This makes me think that Bush would probably have referred to Boris Yeltsin as "Tipsy" in the UN if he'd had the chance.

So since "Scooter" clearly likes being demeaned I think he really should be sent to jail. And not one of those white-collar resort jails, a real one where he can earn a new nickname. Though if that happened I doubt it would be much more masculine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home