Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Stalker?

So over the weekend I needed to get to a computer to send off an email counter offer for a faculty position I've been offered. I'm not going to say anything more until the papers are signed, but it looks like I've got a sweet job lined up with a damn nice amount of money to go with it, yay me! Anyway, since the guy I usually pirate my wifi connection off of seems to have disappeared I had to find an alternate means of sending the email, so off I trudged to the coffee shop. Sure it was freezing cold out but a nice hot chocolate and free wifi do the body good.

Anyway after I dealt with all that I packed things up and started to walk home. Now being as tall as I am I tend to walk very fast. Generally the only people to pass me on the street are almost running, so I almost instantly notice when someone is catching up to me or walking the same pace. Now this happened when I was a couple of blocks from my place, which was no big deal, it didn't sound like the guy was going to pass me but I was going to turn the corner anyway so I don't care.

But wait a minute, I can still hear the plastic bag he's carrying rustling, I guess he's going the same way, well that's not unheard of.

Then I saw a reflected flash off a tree next to me, like someone took a picture behind me, but why would someone do that?

Then there is the unmistakable sound of a disposable camera being rewound. Now that's just strange. Maybe I'll slow down and see if my mysterious friend will pass me, because surely this person isn't taking pictures of me.

Wait a minute, this person's still behind me and was that another flash? So looking over my shoulder I see a guy who might be taller than me a few feet behind me and looking at the houses next to us.

Alright this is getting fishy, maybe he's checking the houses out but I'm going to make sure. I need to be on the other side of the street so I may as well cross now.

Sure enough the fucker snaps one last picture of me then turns and takes off back up the street.

So I was left on the other side of the street wondering why some guy was taking pictures of me from behind? I mean sure my ass is one of my top 5 best features but still, that's just weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home