Friday, January 19, 2007

Quit rubbing my nose in it!

So working at a university I have come to realize that there are a lot of people who are required to actually get things done around here. So I appreciate all those who work in supporting roles to keep things running smoothly, and I of course understand when they take a day off. In my opinion they deserve it. And I'm not only saying this because my wife used to have such a position. Though I have been warned that she will be checking with the secretaries at my next job to make sure I'm not an ass to them. And frankly I don't want to incur her wrath, because I think she'll rip my arm off and beat me with it if I piss off any of my support staff.

That being said, there's a guy who works here that I'm becoming more and more tempted to smack upside the head. Without fail this guy sends out an email every other week with some delightful (i.e. anger twitch inducing) way of saying that he'll be taking an afternoon off to make an extra long weekend or some other chipper way of saying he's going home early. It's not the vacationing that pisses me off, it's that I have to hear about it. I just checked my email and in the last 10 months he's sent out 19 of these fucking emails. Now I'm pretty sure there have been a few other support staff members who have taken a vacation in this time but I haven't heard about it, so what makes this guy think he's so great that we all need to know he's going to leave at 1:30 on Friday? In fact the above mentioned head smacking would be rather hard to do since I don't even know where he works or what he does!

You know what, I might just start personally emailing him every time I decide to take a day off. The only reason I don't is the fear of getting some annoyingly chipper response to it each time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home