Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Morning disruption

So not many of you are likely to know this but I’m not really a morning person. I’ll admit that I’m able to go from a deep sleep to nearly completely alert state in an instant, something which seems to astound Deirdre. But this in no way means that I actually like mornings, truthfully I’m a night person; I do all my best work after 11:00 pm. But with reluctance and a routine I’m able to get things going in the morning. The one thing I particularly need is a bit of quiet. I hated having roommates who wanted to chat with me in the mornings, that’s my time leave me the fuck alone! Which incidentally is where Deirdre’s inability to function normally for an hour or so after waking comes in quite handy.

So I knew it wasn’t a good sign when I got on the train this morning to find a pod of senior citizens in my train car. Of course at this point most of you are thinking why didn’t I just change cars; in response I will refer you to the previous paragraph and the mention of routine. Now despite the reputation of sleeping all the time I have learned that seniors do tend to be quite alert in the early morning hours…I think this is why they are so tired later on. Add to that the “excitement” of taking a train trip and you now have the geriatric equivalent of children: loud, easily excited and overly annoying. I'm starting to think that there should be separate trains for commuters and the rest of the public, who for some ungodly reason are willingly up at these hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home