Wednesday, June 15, 2005

And it just keeps getting better...

So one would think that after all the fun I had yesterday that my day couldn't really get much worse, well you are all free to believe that if you wish, but guess what? Admittedly I'm not sure at the moment if this is bad news or not, but I don't see things turning out to be good in all likelihood.

Last night I got a call from Kelly, nothing unusual about that, as we do speak almost every night. Well it turns out that the district command wants her to be a permanent member of the Coast Guard, not just a reservist. And it seems that she is rather tempted by the thought. It's not a done deal yet, she is still waiting to hear about a promotion/position here are the university, but she isn't even sure that she wants it. So if she does take the Coast Guard offer it seems that she would have to do 3 years of contract-like positions, essentially moving each year, before she could get a permanent position.

Like I said she's not certain that she wants to take the position, but from talking to her I get the distinct feeling that she will. Which essentially scraps any possibilities that I can see to evolve any relationship with her. After all this is Minneapolis, there is no coast to guard here. I have to admit that I haven't brought up any of that in talking with her. I guess I simply want her to do what is best for herself, after all changing one's life for someone you spent a couple of weeks with would be rather stupid. So if that means that we miss out on what could be, I guess that's our luck, as I said before, we seem to have horrid luck with our timing.

On the plus side of things today can only really get better, one would hope, since it seems that yesterday hits a new all-time low for how shitty a day can get. Well I hope that it can't get any lower, though if it does you'll all hear about it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this help? Even though you suck at softball, we need you on our team because we are super-low on players.

I kid because I love. Keep your head up, man! Grow a beard. That's what I'm doing, and it makes me feel better. And the ladies love it. (One or both of the previous statements is not true). Check this link to see it

9:13 a.m.

 
Blogger Christopher Robin said...

Nice beard man, somehow that seems to suit you.

I've actually got a softball double-header tonight. It's kind of nice that we play every Wednesday and it's a double each time. So I'll let you know how bad I suck this year.

Thanks for the support; things will work out one way or another.

9:18 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck to you tonight my friend. Still the fastest, sexiest, legs on the team?

10:58 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home