Tuesday, June 14, 2005

So Angry...

Those of you who read this who know me know that I'm not someone who gets angry. Yet it seems that the longer that I live here the angrier I become. Today is a great example of those things that help send me into a seething rage.

First off I'm still dealing with UPS to get compensated for the stuff that they broke. Well it seems that the system in place is such that: I speak to someone at UPS (I assume); who then speaks to their Claims Dept; the Claims Dept. then contacts the shipper; who will likely contact me for information on what was damaged. From there I'm not too sure how it works, but I'm willing to guess that it's not a simple process to get my money. After all it has taken 2 weeks just to get the shipper notified of the damages! Any bets that a two year old could find a more direct way of dealing with this whole issue?

Now the best part of the day only just happened, when I figured I should check on my bank account on-line. Not that it's a particularly useful way of seeing what's going on with my account, as the most recent information is at best 2 days old. Well it seems that I've overdrawn my account by the amount of my rent! Now some of this is my fault, but a lot of this is just damn stupid. I did bounce my rent cheque, it was my mistake, made in part because the banker said that it would take a week or two to correct the balance error from depositing Canadian funds. It turns out that it took about a day. So the virtual money that I had to play with disappeared and the rent cheque bounced. So figuring that it would be best to pay the rent right away I decided to pay them with convenient cheque card! Well low and behold when I checked on my account today I found that the bounced check had now passed! And the account was also overdrawn to the amount of the rent, put on the cheque card!

The stupidity of all this arises with the fact that I payed the rent on the cheque card Saturday, yet the funds have yet to be taken from my account, they are simply pending, something that doesn't happen with a debit card. However I couldn't see this on-line, as I was only able to tell that the funds were taken from my account. With the two day delay I could not tell that it was actually due to the cheque clearing on the second try. So since it is a cheque card transaction which is pending, and over-drawing my account, the bank can't do anything about it, isn't that convenient, it's a VISA card, not an actual bank card. So I need to contact the rental office tomorrow (I tried today but the proper person was not there, surprise surprise) and get them to cancel the transaction. Though knowing my luck it will be too late tomorrow and I will be over-drawn, probably penalized and since it's going through VISA I'll get a shitty credit rating, screwing all chances of getting a US credit card, which is about impossible to get anyway.

So is it any wonder that at the moment I would love to smash the shit out of something? I really hate feeling like this, I don't enjoy being angry, but I just can't help it now, there is so much incompetence in the systems that I have to deal with that it absolutely pisses me off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home