Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Things that make me chuckle

Ok, so of late a number of my postings have been a bit negative, though I have tried to add some humour to them, though I guess a good bit of that has been more dark humour. Anyway I don't want you guys to get the impression that my life is a total buzz kill, there are a lot of things that I enjoy and I'm having a lot of fun. Hell just last night I took second place in a poker tournament, the benefit of being the new guy to the table, they can't read me just yet.

But this morning while waiting for the bus I started to think of the little things in life that make me laugh, maybe not out loud, but at least they make me smile and laugh on the inside. So here's the list of those things that I can see every now and then and just make life seem entertaining:

  • Mullets - why on earth people keep getting this style is beyond me, but if they stopped I would miss the occasional mullet sighting
  • People riding old 10 speed bikes with the handle bars turned upside down - all they need to do to raise the handlebar is to loosen a bolt (same thing they did to turn them)
  • Guys staring at girls - I'm sure the girls don't appreciate it, but if you see a hot girl walk by don't watch her (well not the whole time) look at the other guys, they are the funny ones to watch
  • Gangsters or wannabe rappers with droopy pants that have the crotch down at the knees - yeah, sure you may think you look like a tough mofo, but if you have to pull your pants up every other step you just look the complete opposite in my books
  • Old, crappy cars, decked out with spinning rims and other custom features - why not just put the money into one good car?
  • Catching myself checking out a bike and not even paying attention to who's riding it, even if it's a cute girl (yes I know I have a problem)
  • People who just don't have a clue - you know the ones who go the wrong way down a one-way, those who just can figure out to pull the door rather than push it
  • Sprinklers turned on in the rain - it's just so stupid I have to laugh (until I think of all the waste of water and energy)
  • Kids - watch any small child, or a group of them for a couple of minutes and you will see all kinds of funny stuff (just don't do it while peeking over bushes, the parents kind of freak when they notice you then, especially if you are chuckling quietly)
  • Watching people slip on ice - yeah, I know, even in Canada I can't see this every day, but it's damn funny to see people try to catch themselves (the fall part sucks though)
  • People who can't J-walk, but try - it's funny to see them panic and scatter, somehow they seem to panic more when they are running from a bike, that part I don't understand
  • Any of the above involving someone with a mullet - yeah, I put mullets down twice, but they are damn funny

So I guess that's about all that comes to mind of late. If there is anything else that you would like to add to the list feel free to do so, I'm sure there are many funny things out there that I miss each day

1 Comments:

Blogger CMac said...

So, congrats on your second @ poker. How are those guys compared to us? Also, can you kill a night playing with us while you're up? I sure hope so. Also, because it's of no advantage to you any more, you've got to tell me what my tells are. The rest of these jokers here are killing me! Also, I'm trying to grow a mullet for you. Hopefully it'll be decent for your visit...

9:00 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home