Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Everything's comming up Millhouse!

This weekend was a really good one and it seems that things are still going my way. It's a nice feeling, it seems as though I have regained a measure of control over my life that seemed to be lacking in some ways.

On the bicycling side of things I have finally found a club that feels a lot like ERTC. At least in terms of personalities. Everyone is really friendly and the rides on Saturday and Sunday had about 20 people each time. On top of that they are starting to do Tuesday night hills, which will be good for getting me back onto form. All in all this club feels a whole lot better than the others that I have ridden with.

UPS it seems has managed to finally drag themselves to the point where I will be getting the compensation for what they broke. Though I'm still not sure when that will happen, though I'm hoping that the cheque will be on the way before the end of the week.

Socially things seem to be picking up as well. Last night I was finally able to catch up with a group that plays dodge ball every Monday and Saturday. It's just a pick up game, played out in a park with a couple of fences at the back to try and keep the balls in the field. All in all it's just stupid fun and a lot of exercise with a really fun bunch of people. On top of that I may have found a new group to play poker with from within these guys (the other group I had played with were starting to fall apart).

And of course I have the flight planned to get back for the wedding on the 6th, which will be plenty of fun. Hopefully I'll have time to catch up with everyone, I have a feeling that week is going to be rather similar to the last week that I spent in Edmonton, in a word, "frantic". But it will be all worth it.

3 Comments:

Blogger CMac said...

Nice! I checked out the dodgeball site, looks like fun. I even saw a few action pics of you. Nice form.

11:25 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, man! I can't believe you passed up the opportunity to throw in such Patches O'Houlihan quotes as "Dodgeball is a game of violence, exclusion and degradation," and "It's like watching a bunch of retards trying to hump a doorknob out there!"

12:53 p.m.

 
Blogger Christopher Robin said...

You know I don't know how I missed those either but I do have another quote from patches for those of you who post as 'anonymous'

"You're about as useful as a poopie-flavored lollipop."

Just kidding, I love all the comments, keep them coming.

3:40 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home