Monday, July 04, 2005

Bumper stickers (yet again)

I just looked back at some of my previous posts and it seems that this may be my third posting dealing with bumper stickers, who knew that they could be so much fun? It's just funny though to see how many bumper stickers will be pasted to a nice looking car (ok formerly nice looking car). I have seriously seen some that from behind you would not be able to identify the colour of the car due to the number of stickers.

These stickers of course represent all forms of opinions and beliefs. Some are subtle, like the silver jesus fish, which has it's opposite, the Darwin fish. And since the last federal election was only about 8 months ago there are plenty of Bush or Kerry stickers out there as well. Thinking of it now there seems to be a uniqueness to the Kerry campaign stickers that I have not seen for the Bush side, that being humour. Though I don't remember many of the humourous stickers the one that I have seen most (possibly because it's on a car on my street) read "Bush/Cheney 1984". Making the obvious association to Orwell's novel 1984. However I wonder if this is yet again a case of preaching to the converted, for I doubt that the majority of people have read 1984.

Beyond the extensive selection of ribbon stickers (yellow, pink, red, american flag...) there are a number of funny ones as well. One creative one on a friends car reads "Quit treating our earth like dirt". I did see a funny one in front of my place today that I will have to track down for CMac. It read "Learn how to fucking park", now unless you are Aaron, CMac or myself this won't seem all that funny to you, fortunately irony was on hand to make this story fun for the whole family. The owner of said sticker was parked parallel to the curb, though he was about a foot and a half away from the curb...

1 Comments:

Blogger CMac said...

That's comedy gold!

3:14 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home