Thursday, June 16, 2005

The Difference a Day Makes

That and a bunch of e-mails from good friends ;)

I'm always surprised by how quickly I can gain perspective at times (and in retrospect lose perspective). Obviously the last couple of days I had let myself get a bit bogged down in this whole thing with Kelly. Yet today it seems that the whole weight of the situation has vanished.

I guess the biggest thing is that I realized that I had put far too much emphasis on the potential of a relationship. Admittedly we hit things off well, but the reality is that I've only seen her on less than a dozen occasions. So as one wise friend pointed out, I really don't necessarily know here all that well. I think on some levels I've been wanting to be in a relationship for some time, yet not being entirely honest about it with myself, thus not realizing how much I was trying to make this something that it was not. How's that for proof that you can get a Ph.D. and still be an idiot? ;)

So today everything seems good, I have a much broader perspective of life once again and I'm open to whatever comes my way in life. Best of all though I have a smile on my face and the cloud over my head is gone. If Kelly ever comes back we can see about things, but trying to build a relationship over this kind of distance is just stupid (I swear that I knew that at some point in time). If she doesn't come back...well I still have her car, and her apartment if anyone wants to come down for a visit ;)

Thanks so much everyone, I'm glad to have you as friends.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear that things are looking a little brighter! It's not healthy to walk around with clouds on your head. Plus, it makes you look a little funny. :)

Next time you need a little pick-me-up, play a little tennis.

8:07 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home