Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Timing

Over the past days I've been contemplating how much life and how things occur therein revolve around a lot of coincidental timing issues.

Obviously the most recent issue with timing has been with Kelly, though this goes beyond the fact that we meet just as she was leaving for San Diego. The way we meet was so coincidental on timing it's (apparently) like the movie "Sliding Doors", which apparently isn't really a happy ending, huh... But the number of incidents that coincided are just surprising:

-she almost didn't catch her flight out from San Diego to Minneapolis (was literally the last one on)
-I turned around on my trip to the mall and decided to take a train back
-she didn't bother to rush to make the train that got to the station before mine did
-actually she got on the same train and sat at the other end, we crossed along the platform as we went for different exits, though she went the wrong way and crossed the street afterwards, to where I was still waiting for my bus

Thinking of this I wonder how many other times in my life I have meet people, or not meet people because of timing? Be it red lights, elevator doors or what have you. Of course I have also been keenly aware of timing within relationships for quite a while. The number of relationships that didn't work out because of one person or the other leaving, or not being ready/single or other similar reasons at the time are too frequent to list.

So is that what will ultimately determine that one relationship that lasts, will it be simply due to timing? On some levels that's a lot more comforting an idea than that there is one perfect "true" love out there for each of us. I think I would prefer to think of it as many potentially perfect loves; it's just a matter of combining the right person with the right timing.

I guess that leaves me biding my time for the right time and person to come along, until then I suppose I will just have to settle for the right person ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home