Friday, July 15, 2005

Time just keeps rolling

Hard to believe that it was almost 3 months ago that I moved down to Minneapolis. It really doesn't feel as though it's been that long. But that's the way things seem to have been the last few years, it always seems as though time is just slipping by without me realizing where it's gone.

I think one of the most particular examples of how quickly time can slip is just looking at my e-mails. Every now and then I manage to forget or put off e-mailing someone, then when I finally look back it's been months. I noticed that today, I remembered that it was the last day to confirm if I would be attending the wedding of Graham and Alison on August 20th. Which of course means that the wedding is really soon. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to that wedding, with Colin and Kathryn's wedding only two weeks earlier and the lovely cost of airline tickets (I'm paying about $550 for the flight back and I don't even get one of those craptacular tv diners on the flights!) time and money are a bit too tight to make two trips. Though I may still be able to 'crash' the party if I can find a cheap flight for that weekend in the week leading up to the 20th, here's hoping.

Another interesting little note on the passage of time, I still have yet to get the compensation cheque from UPS. Though in all fairness they did mail it to me on Monday. That's right folks, if you need anything shipped, follow the lead of the "world's largest package delivery company", use the US postal service! Ok, yes there is the fact that they can mail me a letter for something like 50 cents, but perhaps they should try a little harder on the customer satisfaction end of things and get me my compensation right away, rather than reminding me that there are alternative delivery services out there.

I have to say that I will be looking forward to spending some time in Alberta again, at least for the cooler, dry weather. This coming week the lowest temperature expected will occur sometime Monday night, when it dips to the almost comfortable level of 17 C. Meanwhile this weekend I will try not to kill myself as the temperature hits 34 C both days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home