Monday, April 10, 2006

There's always something to get

Ok, I have a bit of a problem. No, I don't beat up my girlfriend as the last post suggests...note to self post a lot this week to bury that unfortunate incident. No my problem goes towards the opposite end of the spectrum. I'm kind of ashamed to admit this...and I'm someone who admitted I had a drinking problem. Ok, so the first dozen or so times that I mentioned that I was drinking at the time, but in the end I did actually realize the problem and quit. No my current problem is so much more twisted and shameful I can barely bring myself to admit it.

I have a belt fetish... maybe fetish sounds bad, how about an obsession? At least that sounds a little less perverse, the whole fetish thing doesn't convey the right image.

But it's true that I'm becoming obsessed with belts. This past year I have started to look at and covet belts more and more. At this point in time my collection is growing rather rapidly. As it is I have about a half dozen belts in regular use and I'm constantly looking for more. Long gone are the days when I would wear the same overly long no matter what I was wearing. Nope, now I'm approaching the point where I will have belts for specific shirt/pant combinations.

I have to say I do love how easily a belt can alter a look. Or accent it to change things up a little...yes, I think about this way too much. In fact in searching for images to put in this post I came across the ultimate belt. One that combines not only my growing obsession for belts but also my obsession...ok fetish, for bicycles: a bicycle tire belt!

The funny part is when I showed them to Deirdre her first comment was "nice, but expensive for what they are". Whereas I had been thinking "I wonder how many I can order in a shot without spending too much on shipping?". Yeah, I have a problem.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sascha said...

you like belts and you beat on your girlfriend. Are you sure you have the right fetish pin-pointed???

12:35 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about bags. I even tried working a summer in a bag store to see if that would take care of the problem. All it did was give me more time to consider which ones I liked the best. I now try to avoid bag stores because I have no use for all of the bags I want. The more pockets and storage compartments it has, the better it is!

7:00 a.m.

 
Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

It's OK. And it's only a fetish if you need them in order to enjoy sex. In fact, nothing wrong with that either. Some of my favorite people have fetishes...

3:37 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home