Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Office construction update

Well I figured I should update everyone on how the progress on the electrical work above my desk is going. As I said yesterday I was kicked out of my office so that the work could be done above my desk. One of my office mates is far from this end of the office so he decided to stay.

So I decided to stop in today to see how the work was doing. Well there was a ladder at my desk and my office mate, nobody else. When I asked him about it he said that the guy had not been in at all that day.

Ok, maybe the work was done and he forgot the ladder at the end of the day, that happens right? So with eager anticipation I dashed over to the lab next door, plugged in a stirring plate and watch as NOTHING happened! There's no power in that wall and now nobody is working on it! I have a feeling the electrician was trained by the guys below:

2 Comments:

Blogger Sascha said...

You work at the U right? My tax dollars at work. Good to know.

2:54 p.m.

 
Blogger Christopher Robin said...

Yup, I'm at the U. Though I wonder if they are getting paid to disrupt me? If so there have been a hell of a lot of days in the last month that people have been paid rather well for ;)

BTW at least you get a vote with your tax dollars. I have to pay in (at a higher rate because I'm a foreigner) and I get no vote!

3:10 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home