Friday, August 18, 2006

Recall

In our consumer society the reality is that there are occasionally things that go wrong with the products that are produced and thus require a recall; though this only seems to be the case if the potential for lawsuits is high enough. In doing a little digging I came across an interesting site, listing the US government recalls, too bad it doesn't have an RSS feed, it could be fun to keep an eye on what comes up. Here are a few of the ones that caught my eye:
Anyway the reason I was thinking of this was because I received a letter yesterday from the University of Alberta's Office of the Registrar and Student Awards. They wrote to inform me that
...a degree parchment was issued to you that unfortunately contained an error. We therefore request that you please return the parchment...

Now maybe it's just me being paranoid but I have a sneaking suspicion that the "error" was that my name was on it. I figured that one day the would realize that I didn't deserve the degree but I never though that they would go so far as recalling it, I assumed I was in the clear!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For heaven's sake don't give it back to them!! They will make you come back and do it again!! =)

7:41 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home