Thursday, May 31, 2007

Who listens to this shit?

So yesterday morning when I entered the lab I was subjected to one of the worst forms of cruelty imaginable thanks to someone's poor choice in radio programs. Thankfully it wasn't some conservative talk-show, though at least then the stupidity would have been humourous. And it wasn't one of the MANY religious radio stations that are so prolific in this country. It's really kind of scary how many of those you can find on a road trip through the Midwest. Alas, the source of my torment was possibly even more mindless than those programs, I was subjected to "sports radio"...I still feel unclean to tell you the truth.

Thankfully the whole process only lasted a few minutes, but even then it made an impression on me that won't easily be repressed. Seriously, who listens to this shit anyway? This is what I heard in those few minutes:
  • Some crappy advertising - ok, you get that on almost all radio stations, sadly though it was the highlight of my experience with "sports radio."
  • Next up was some "music" - this seemed to consist of a remix "The night Chicago died" and sports sounds (i.e. crowd noise, whistles, buzzers and maybe a body check). I didn't know it was possible, but it seems a new circle of hell has been created.
  • Then a phone interview - I'm not sure who they were talking to, possibly the bat boy, but the fucker seemed pretty sleepy/hungover while they were discussing the merits of putting in a left hander against a guy who wears socks that are 0.05 mm shorter than most...or some similarly inane line of questioning.
To those of you out there who listen to this crap, for the sake of what little is left of your brains, please stop! You don't need to listen to two washed-up (or never were) jocks who sit on their asses all day discussing the intricacies of the decision made in the 4 inning of game 26 in a season that consists of 162 boring games. Maybe if you spent a little more time listening to something that mattered, like the actual news, this country wouldn't be stuck with a dimwitted president for the second time in a row.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trissel said...

Canadian Chris, could you please try to be a little more polemic next post?

Seriously, you've inspired me to ditch sports radio. It does suck, and is pointless. I'm not even sure how I ever endured such minless atrocities. I was probably just trying to distract myself from the pain that come with being human, and from questions like, "what happens when we die." And don't reply that we turn to worm meat brother because you don't know that for sure.

2:02 p.m.

 
Blogger Christopher Robin said...

Actually, the only thing that you can truly prove happens when we die IS that you turn to worm food...unless you're cremated ;)

Thanks for commenting on my blog, I'll have to keep an eye on yours.

2:21 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home