Sunday, October 07, 2007

Pissed off

So I haven't really complained about all that much lately, so here goes. These are three of the things that have been really pissing me off lately:

1) My office so fucking cold? This is southern California, it's the perfect weather, it's not too hot, frankly the outdoor temperature is almost the ideal room temperature. So why then is the building I work in so overly air-conditioned? On top of it all, I don't have any control over the air conditioner. It may be hidden in one of the other offices, but I haven't been able to track it down yet. When I do I may have to super-glue the thing to a warmer setting.

2) I am sick of being stopped by customs guards on the way home. I still don't really know why they have the guards there, but there is a remote custom station about 60 km (40 miles) north of San Diego. What happens is that every now and then they close down 4 lanes of northbound traffic to see who's in the cars. As best I can tell, the only thing that they are looking for is how brown you are. Either way it just sucks for everyone involved - it takes about 10 minutes to go a kilometer.

3) Finally I am absolutely sick of the morons who live around me. There are speed bumps all through the 'community' and the jackasses who drive SUVs cannot seem to get it through their thick skulls that the massive vehicles they drive will not fall apart when going over a bump. They insist on creeping over each bump at less than 10 km/h and drive me absolutely nuts. The other day I actually passed a guy while I was biking in and I was still able to go over the bumps at 30 km/h and I don't have suspension.

Well I'm glad to get that off my chest. I'm sure that there'll be plenty more rants to come in the future, because frankly, I'm really starting to hate stupid people and there are far too many of them around these days.

Speed bumps
Customs
Cold office

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home