Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Throw me a friking bone here!

Son of a bitch! I'm pissed off. I just found out that a key item that I need for my research wasn't ordered because nobody bothered to tell me that though I drop off a copy of the purchase order in the "purchasing department" they don't actually purchase anything, they just pay for it. I'm supposed to call or fax in the order myself.

Now I'm a big boy, hell I even got a Ph.D. so that is something that I could have done, had I been told that I needed to do it! But when I asked "So all I have to do is fill out the from and drop it off in the purchasing department?" the answer should not have been "Yes". It should have been "Yes, after you call/fax in the order." or some variant of that.

Now that I think of it I'm puzzled why there are 5-6 people working in that department if they don't actually place orders? Ahh, I hate having to adapt to a new system when nobody gives you the full information. Damn, I even asked 2 or 3 people about how to place an order, not one of them mentioned calling it in...(need to find something to crush)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah...ordering things sucks. I ordered new frits for that problematic column b/c nothing else is working. I even called the company to make sure they were in stock. Apparently, "in stock" is code word for "7-10" days. Sigh. Am I ever going to get out of here? =)I also hate checking chemical companies web pages b/c the Canadian page won't let you search for things after a point unless you are signed up while the US page works wonderfully but is not representative of what the Canadian version carries. I have been spending too much time in contact with these places. They suck. Dont even get me started on the chromatographic companies! =)

6:26 p.m.

 
Blogger taleanski said...

haha... know perfectly how u feel!! if it makes u feel any better, it worse in other places.. i.e. where I live!!

so chill, okay? =) Shit happens.~

9:31 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home