Thursday, September 15, 2005

General News

Ok, so the whole dating project seems to have exploded into way more than I anticipated. A few of you have posted profiles for me to check out. And I know that more are on the way. Maybe it's a good thing that my mother was overwhelmed when checking out the site otherwise there may be even more (yes, I'm that open about my life that my parents read this). So though I thought I would contact all those that were suggested to me I will have to be a bit more discriminating. After all I don't have any kind of canned greeting to use when I first write them so it can take a while just to make first contact. On a rather funny note, just as I started the whole thing I wrote to one woman who's profile I had not seen before (and has yet to be recommended to me) and we've now written a few times, she seems really cool.

In other news, if anyone is good a massaging backs I could use some help about now. Damn, I just remembered that Kelly (the girl in SD) is really good at that. But these days it feels as though my shoulders have become super tight. I think it has to do with all the cyclocross riding I have been doing. With lifting the bike over barriers and running it uphill over my shoulder cyclocross is a lot more physical than regular road riding. Though I will keep doing it, because it's so much fun and I'm stunningly good at it. I'm not one to brag, but I seem to rock at cyclocross. I do blame most of this on Peter Toth, who taught me how to race cyclocross last fall. Peter is the current Canadian Master B cyclocross champion. Anyway for whatever reason it seems that I am just crazy fast at running with the bike, both uphill and over barriers. It's at the point where I can close a gap of over 10 to 15 feet before we reach the second barrier. I'm still not sure how much I will race this fall, money is tight and I would need to buy a race license. So for now I will do the $5 Wednesday night races and try and pass along the knowledge that Peter shared with me.

So that's about all, no rants today, no exploding chip, no internet brides from distant lands. All in all things are good. I hope you are all enjoying the blog, it's nice to see that my readership is growing, hopefully I can keep your interest (though I don't really know why I care to do that, I guess I just want to feel popular, what can I say, I didn't get that kind of attention in high school).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home