Sunday, October 09, 2005

Helloooooooo!

So, have you ever been at a party and realized that you are the only one there who is alone? Well last night that is where I found myself when I arrived at my second party of the night (I know, I'm stunned as well, I'm becoming popular, it's a good thing I still have the car to get to each party). Now this is in no way was a bad thing. The two girls at there are good friends who work in my lab, and their guys are just a riot. Actually, it's kind of funny to be with those two couples, as I can kind of take credit for getting them started. See the guys are both from dodgeball, and I brought the girls to dodgeball...it's funny how that worked out. So if there are any single girls in Minneapolis looking to meet a guy, let me know, I'll bring you to dodgeball and you can find a guy I guarantee it (note, I am not offering myself as said guy).

Anyway back on topic, I was there solo because the girl (yeah, I'm dropping the on-line part of the name, it's too much to type...but I just typed even more...crap) was having a get together with a bunch of her girl friends. But hey, for me being solo at a party is nothing new, hell it's the norm. The funny part was that shortly after I realized this I got a text message on my phone. It read "Helloooooo!", it was from the girl. I don't think that I had smiled that brightly all week. It was a super simple gesture, but so cool and it just reminds me that she's thinking of me, what more could I want? Since we were watching a watching a movie and she was waiting for the girls to get back to the party (they had to run an errand) we sent about 20 text messages over the next half hour (it's kind of slow to type with a phone). Nothing big was said, but it was just fun, to be able to have that kind of connection with her even though we were across the city from each other.

So yeah, life is good. Though I didn't get to see the girl I got something even better from her, a further sense of confidence that this relationship is really going very very well. Plus I got to hang out with some really cool friends last night, I must say the more time I spend with the guys from dodgeball the more I like them. Well, maybe I should say the more time I spend with them away from dodgeball the more I like them. Somehow I find it hard to like a guy who is trying to knock the glasses of my face with a ball. Hey, I will respect and even fear him at that time, and even though I'm know I'm supposed to be the friendly/happy Canadian even I can't like someone who is gunning for my head while he's doing it ;) But after the games we're all friends and these guys are becoming really good ones.

And just in case I don't post tomorrow, to all the Canadians, happy Thanksgiving. To the Americans, happy Columbus day, to those elsewhere in the world, just enjoy the day, who needs to put a name to it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home