Thursday, September 29, 2005

The beard is gone

Alright, time to clear up a couple of details (at least for Kim's sake). Last weekend I did go out with three different women in as many days. The last of those dates (to the conservatory) was with the girl who I am for now calling 'on-line girl'. Last night was our second date. I am not dating any of the other girls I went out with last weekend because: one is dating a guy who is larger than me and the other girl doesn't seem to have all that much interest in me, or no time, either way I think things are working better with 'on-line girl' anyway.

So hopefully that's all cleared up now. In other news the facial hair is now gone. The funny part being that it took me a while to get used to my face with the beard and now I'm having issues without it...I'm having an identity crisis over facial hair, how neurotic can I get? As for why the facial hair is now gone, well for one it was just an experiment, and secondly my beard isn't exactly soft, more prickly, even as the hair gets longer. So I don't think you need me to draw you a map as to what tipped the balance to get me to shave.

I also learned something interesting last night. It seems that 'on-line girl' had noticed my profile before I sent her a message. I don't know how long before I wrote her that was, but she was reluctant to say how long she would have waited before she would have written to me. Ah the joys of the on-line dating system, as far as I can tell had I not noticed her profile she may not have done anything to help draw my attention...oh well, it's a good thing I had you guys send me profiles to check out. No she wasn't one that you sent to me, but I did see hers while I was looking for the ones you guys sent.

So as for the date last night, well you aren't going to get many details. I went over to her place with some pizza, drinks (Jones Soda) and chocolates to watch 'The City of God'. Well I don't know how many of you are big Seinfeld fans, but there was one episode where he went to see Schindler's List with his girlfriend and missed the movie. Well, don't ask me how The City of God ends, at least not yet, I will see it one of these days.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I have to say is, "awwwwwwwww"

2:33 p.m.

 
Blogger pacatrue said...

As nosy as we all are and as much as I like to live vicariously through single people I know, I agree that details should be somewhat few. I can't imagine dating someone and discovering that each event was reflected upon and much debated by the datee and all his online buddies. Could get kind of nerve-wracking.

3:12 a.m.

 
Blogger Christopher Robin said...

Kim, I can just see the look on your face as you say that too me, for some reason it's making me laugh.

Paca, glad you understand that details will be sparse. As it is, I want people to realize that I did not intend the comment that I didn't get to see the end of the movie as bragging. I was simply presenting the humour in the situation and not wanting to imply anything about what happened between 'on-line girl' and I. After all, those who do know me know me as a gentleman and that will not change.

6:33 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home