Saturday, September 24, 2005

Wow!

Ok, so date number three of three just rocked! I don't know what else to say, this girl is just FABULOUS!!!! Yeah, I know, I'm gushing, hell I've got a grin on my face that is going to stay there and continue looking stupid for some time. But I can't help it, hell it's a pretty good sign when a first date lasts 8 hours! And don't ask me where the 8 hours went, I seriously didn't notice the time fly by (and right now I just want to see her again).

So for those of you who must know, here's the short form of what we did. I picked her up at her place at 3:00 and we drove out to Saint Paul to visit the Como Conservatory. For those looking for good first date ideas, this is a good one. Beautiful environment, with plenty of things to look at and comment on if conversation isn't flowing smoothly. However, I have to say that I barely even noticed the plants. We spent the whole time talking to each other, while sitting on a bench in the sunken garden or on a rock by the coy pond in the Japanese garden. The next thing we knew it was 6:00 and they were shutting things down. But fortunately neither of us had tired of the other, so back we went to Uptown (where we both live in Minneapolis) for some Thai food. After dinner, well, why not find a movie. Ok, so that part didn't work out too well, the show we wanted to see, The Constant Gardner, either started just before we finished dinner, or was starting almost two hours later. So we decided to make the run to the south end of town to catch The Corpse Bride, which would have been fine, other than the road construction leading to a massive detour, and the packed parking lot. But despite being somewhere between 5 and 10 minutes late for the start of the actual movie (not to mention the previews) it was an ok movie, visually it was very well done, a seamless blend of stop-motion and CGI (I think, it was hard to tell what was what). So after the movie we still wanted more of each other, so back to Uptown we went to get some ice cream and than a little walk in the rain under an umbrella (I come prepared when I go out on a date). After the walk I took her home and that was that...ok, there was the kiss good night, and a few more before that...but I'm not one to kiss and tell (much).

Anyway, this obviously has some good potential to develop into something really good. And all I can think of is just how fabulous she is...it's been an hour and a half, is it too soon to call? I know, I'll wait, a little while ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Colin Vitols said...

That's great to hear, man! It's wonderful when you can hit it off so well with someone so easily that you don't even notice 8 hours going by. I wish you the best of luck with this, it's the most excited I've known you to be about a date in a very long time, which I'm taking as a good sign!

11:17 p.m.

 
Blogger Christopher Robin said...

Colin - yeah, I haven't been this excited about a girl in ages, it's fun.

SK - I've thought about that, but I say to hell with it. I've fallen hard and pulled myself back up in the past, if I have to I'll do it again. I'd rather not hold back and enjoy every moment that I get than hold back and still lose it all in the end. Anyway, maybe she's a "Nice Girl" ;) She certainly seems to be one so far.

1:32 p.m.

 
Blogger pacatrue said...

Congrats.

3:25 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home