Monday, October 10, 2005

Welcom to the new readers.

It seems as though I have had a lot more hits today, particularly from some new readers. Most of those can be attributed to a guy from dodgeball who was apparently very bored at work this morning ;) He found the link to the site from my message board profile and then pointed it out to everyone who reads the dodgeball message forum. In fact he pointed it out in the manner of my having juicy gossip, so naturally I had a lot more visits. But hey, I'm not complaining, those who have been reading long enough know that I watch my hit counter like mad, gauging my popularity and my self-worth by each incremental increase

Ok, I'm not that bad, but I do like to see who's been visiting. After all sometimes you see an interesting referral, like someone from UMN (University of Minnesota, where I work) who found your blog through a search for "Christopher Robin" and then proceeded to read the blog for ~45 minutes...can anyone guess who this might have been? Those who guessed it was the girl, give yourself a hand, you guess right!

I can't say I was surprised, after all I had told her Sunday that I had a blog. I must say that I am impressed that she thought of that search term, this girl is brilliant!

Now, a couple of the readers may be stunned at this point to know that I told the girl about the blog. After all, a day earlier I had both told a friend and e-mailed another that I would probably not mention the blog for some time. After all, I didn't think displaying my insecurities would be the best idea. So why did I tell her about it? Because she was strong enough and brave enough to tell me about her insecurities. Due to our mutual ability to procrastinate at any time I found myself at her place after I picked up a few groceries while exchanging a bunch of text messages. Anyway, to keep things to the point, while I was there it came out that she was worried that I would break her heart. Which was pretty much exactly what I was going through all week. You guys don't need the details, but as you can imagine we've both had our share of heartache. So obviously when you really like someone all kinds of doubt and fear come near the surface.

I cannot speak for her, but I feel so much better now that we have been able to get this out in the open. Knowing that we are afraid of the same things is very comforting, I believe fully that she is not going to hurt me intentionally. Though the thought of doing anything to hurt her had never crossed my mind, simply knowing that it is a concern of hers, I will do all I can to ensure that nothing I do raises those concerns.

So yeah, there are some new readers on here now. Hopefully they will come back, and even post a comment or two from time to time, I always welcome input from others. I don't know how much the girl will be back. For her, and a few others, it is a bit too much like reading a diary, something overly personal. Just the same, I will keep posting as I always have. We are trying to build a relationship on honesty and trust, so there is no reason to hide who I am. Either way, I will probably be telling her what I post here unless it's just really mundane, yeah I do those posts from time to time...ok, lost of the time.

Thanks for reading!

5 Comments:

Blogger taleanski said...

you're welcome! and.. i like reading ppl's diaries.. (which explains why i like reading ur blog!)=D
so! when r u gonna post a pic of u and da gurl?! hehe..=P

3:18 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, who is it chris?

-tony c

11:16 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, just in case it does not work out with this girl I found a personal ad you can use:

http://www.skelhorne.net/nicnaks/perad.jpg

This would have been better if I found it a few weeks ago.

2:02 p.m.

 
Blogger CMac said...

Oh Sklee and his nic naks!
Sheesh, you go on a trip across the country, and you miss a lot!

3:57 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are so much superior to pattywacks.

12:24 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home