Monday, February 27, 2006

Tinted windows

This afternoon as I was driving home from work I had a bit of a revelation. I think we've all seen cars around that have super heavy tinting on all the windows ,tricked out with cool rims and a killer sound system.

I've always kind of wondered who drives a car like that? I mean is it really some gangsta wannabe who doesn't want the man seeing him smoke a blunt while he loads his guns as he cruises the strip? Or is it something much less sinister?

I'm starting to think that the people with the heavy tinted window and killer sounds systems are actually car singers. We've all seen them, they get way too into whatever Britney Spears or Justin Timberlake song they have pounding through the stereo. I mean seriously, do you want to be caught singing along to anything that horrid.

You know maybe I'm making far too many generalizations about those with tinted windows. Perhaps they don't listen to the music of twits dressed entirely in denim (don't they have people to tell them what not to wear?). After all these people could just as easily be hooked on musicals and belting out lines from West Side Story and Guys and Dolls. They may even be closet country fanatics, but that doesn't seem likely as I have yet to see a pickup with tinted windows. Funny how the country music fans aren't embarrassed...or maybe it's because country songs have the pace of stories anyway so to an outside observer it would seem that they are talking on the phone.

Of course those who really need to have tinted windows are the stoplight nose pickers. Seriously dude, those aren't two way mirrors and I truly don't want to see how deep you can stick your finger. At best you will prove to me that the location of your sense of decency was just behind your eyes and you've scratched it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home