Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Cool invitation

God I am such a geek! This morning I received what very well may have been one of the most exciting e-mails in my "professional" career (I use the term loosely, come on nobody knows if I don't even show up at work). A chemistry journal has asked me to review an article for them.

Though it's not the first time I have been asked to do a review. In my old research group we frequently were given the opportunity to help review papers...or maybe the task was just pawned off on us, either way it was a good experience. But this was the first time that I've been contacted directly about my expertise in something other than bicycles.

The sad part is that I'm all excited about doing more work, that will be acknowledged by about one person, who really has little to nothing to do with my career. Sure if I do enough of them I get to be on an editorial board...which means more work, and I doubt that there is any pay to it, but it's another line to add to my CV...the fact that I think that's a good thing shows so well that I'm destined to be an academic.

2 Comments:

Blogger pacatrue said...

Congrats on the invite.

7:41 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's super exciting! I mean, someone thinks that you know something!

Congrats for sure

4:39 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home