Thursday, May 18, 2006

Men

Now I think that it's been clearly established through this blog that I'm not really the kind of guy who is big on football, NASCAR and other traditional American male pursuits. Hell I love to bike and dance, I'm about as un-American as a multi-party (and no only having two parties does not count) political system. So some of the behaviour and attitudes of the "typical American male" just puzzel me.

Last night I came upon a prime example of this at the end of my ride. As I pulled up to a read light I found myself behind a customized pick up truck with the license "MO PWER". Now if it wasn't lame enough that this guy spend extra money to get the personalized plate but what is he trying to say? Does he need more power? Or is he trying to imply that he has more power? All in all, I think the statement that he made is more like the plate to the right.

Now the vanity plate is one thing. It's lame, we can all agree on that. I mean do I really need to know that you are cupcake3? No, I would probably think more highly of you if you didn't announce your unoriginal nickname to the world. But what was far worse than that vanity plate was what the guy did to his rear window. Now, I never did see the driver of the pick up but I'm 99% certain that we can claim that he was a guy, because no woman has this poor taste. In his back window he had an oh so stylish see-through decal...of a mean clown holding a skull in each hand. Now I don't know about you but to me that doesn't make him seem tough, actually it makes me think that he might find clowns to be very scary.

So I decided to do a bit of research for this blog entry to see what kind of decals you can get for the back of your truck. The "best" site for this is here. And below are some of my personal favorites:

I'm a real man so I like to kill pretty things:

The patriotic American collection:


Seriously do you want an image of a fish as your rear window?

The camouflage window...how exactly does it camouflage you, you're in a fucking truck!

And one for the ladies, or at least the one you hope your date doesn't have when he comes to pick you up on that first date:
By the way, I have actually seen this last one on some truck parked at the mall. I can't believe that guys will buy this shit.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sascha said...

Not just a FISH. But a DEAD fish that you didn't even catch yourself. I also do not understand the customizing of cars.

If a guy with a truck window like that ever made it past my screening process, which I sincerely doubt he could(based on probable personality traits that accompany wanting a window mural), the window itself would be a deal breaker.

9:14 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe the clown was one of the gravedigger jesters from Hamlet and one of the skulls was poor Yorick's.

This motorist sounds like a downright sophisticated guy.

2:23 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say that if you saw the Simpson's clown episode when Bart is about 5, you'd understand the terror...(Now just hum that circus song and while pretending to hold a carving knife plunge your arm down on the downbeat).
Thank goodness I haven't see one of those decals in Canada...not that there's aren't some pretty ridiculous smaller ones.

5:38 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home