Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Moving


Damn it's been a long time since I posted on here. Oh well, they do actually pay me to do work and not to entertain you guys, so just be happy if I post at all when things are working properly in the lab. On top of being busy with work I've been busy packing up to move. Ok, that's far from being true. I started packing last night and in just over an hour I had packed everything but my kitchen. Hey, when I moved down here I shipped everything I had in 9 boxes, and two of those boxes were bikes. So it's not going to be hard to pack and move again.

So why am I moving? Well, I've got a better place lined up. Sure it's way smaller, doesn't have a dishwasher or a garbage disposal and has one of the smallest kitchens I've ever been in. But it has some other perks. Such as I doubt I will be able to come home late at night and watch someone get arrested in my hallway. And I don't think that I will have the interesting characters walking through the alley on their way to the soup kitchen around the corner every night at 6:00. And I won't have the good fortune of having a Wendy's going up right across the street from me.

Instead I get to live in the trendy part of town. I suspect that my current location will be in the trendy part of town in the next five to ten years, but I'm not going to wait that long. I will also finally have a grocery store within a reasonable distance, actually three blocks away. And I get a better bus route to and from work for slightly less rent. So all in all I can live with that. Oh, I move at the end of the month so contact me if you need the new address.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed to see how well you labelled the contents of each box...something I neglected to do when I moved. In hindsight I recognize my error.

5:40 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home