Friday, April 28, 2006

Tanning

Those who know me are well aware of the fact that in the summer I get tanned...well partially. See I'm not the type of person who cares to spend a lot of time in the sun lying there doing nothing. So when I'm outside I'm usually biking, which results in some rather funny tan lines. The photo below is almost right, the only difference is that a cyclists shins don't get tanned, so they stay white...ain't it sexy.

So this year when Deirdre picked up some tan in a bottle I started to wonder if that would be the simple solution to my problems. Sure it's some freaky chemical cocktail that was probably rushed to market due to the overwhelming demand, despite potential health risks. But who cares, tanning in the sun or with "artificial" light is likely to give you cancer anyway. So unless this somehow gives you skin cancer and bad gas, I figure it's worth it.

Though I have to admit I was kind of skeptical. After I've seen some of the girls who overdo it with the fake tan and end up looking like Umpa Lumpa's.

But after using the bottled tan for about a week I can say that it works really nicely. And yes, I realize just how metrosexual a post like this makes me...but honestly is anyone surprised by that? Oh, just in case you were wondering which brand I chose, it's from Dove it works great without the odd smell of some of the other kinds. And at the very least you get well moisturized from using it...yes I know, I'm metrosexual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home