Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Quick update

This is going to be a quick little post, today my schedule gets a little messed up. The main reason is that my brother is coming to town for a visit. He'll be down until Saturday so I suppose I will have to be a bit of a tour guide. All in all it should be fun, I haven't really spent that much time with my brother in years, not since we were living together in Montreal back in '99 ... damn that's been a while.

Anyway as for myself, not a huge amount is new. I did a 40 km team time trial (TTT) on Sunday with a couple of guys from my bike club. The teams could have had up to four members, but we only managed to find 3. The real bonus was that one of the guys had a mechanical problem, his seat was almost falling off. So needless to say it was tricky for him to ride. This was the most disastrous TTT since the first one I ever did back in Alberta. There the guy at the front of the picture started so fast that we lost 2 of out 6 (the most we could lose) after about 8 km. On top of that we had the worlds slowest wheel change when we got a flat taking almost 2 minutes, it should take about 15 seconds. Needless to say that ride hurt, probably more than my latest TTT...Did I mention the first one was in the Rockies (Canmore), wonderful scenery, really nasty hills.

Oh, for an update to the construction work in my office I decided that I should include a photo, what can I say, these camera phones are actually kind of useful. Anyway moved out a week ago and the extent of the work appears to have been to remove ceiling tiles. So I figure that I might as well just stay in my office until someone actually shows up with tools, then maybe I'll consider getting out of the way.

In terms of my diploma, it turns out that the reason for the "recall" is that they forgot to add the line "Given at this University on the". So it's not so much a typo as a complete fucking oversight. I wonder if someone lost a job over that, because that's the kind of thing you should pay attention to. Admittedly I didn't notice it was missing, but I never saw one of their degrees before.

One last thing for the cyclocross fans out there...all one of you, maybe (I hope). I decided to make myself a portable barrier for training purposes. So for less than $10 in material costs I now have a nifty 16 inches high barrier that's about 6 feet long but can be carried in a backpack. So now that I have my front wheel back from Penn cycle I can get it repaired, by people who actually know what they are doing, and get onto some 'cross training. Seriously, I took my front wheel there 2 MONTHS ago and they never managed/bothered to order the bearings they need to fix it. So my recommendation to anyone looking to buy a bike, or bike accessories, is to go anywhere other than Penn cycle. Fucking dicks! Anyway below are more photos of my awesome barrier (and yes I kind of stole the idea from someone else) but he had used 4 inch diameter tubes, which really aren't backpack friendly.

1 Comments:

Blogger J-Mo said...

I would love to ride out in canmore

10:03 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home