Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I thought I had something to say...

This sucks, it seems that every night when I get home I have had these "great ideas" for blog posts, yet each day I cannot recall what it was that I was thinking of. Ok, so reading my previous posts it's rather obvious that even my "great ideas" aren't always so great, but still, right now I can't come up with a damn thing.

I guess part of what has me stumped is the throbbing in the side of my head. No it's not from the repeated shots to the head that I receive at dodgeball, though eventually that may take it's toll. Right now I'm in agony from a toothache. I don't know what it is about a toothache that makes it feel so miserable, but I've had some pretty horrid oozing wounds from bike accidents and I've felt way better than this. Hopefully things will be taken care of shortly, I have a dentists appointment at 5:00 pm. You know what the worst damn thing is about this toothache; normally I would literally grit my teeth and bare the pain, that really doesn't work too well now.

But as the pain is subsiding for the moment I have recalled one of the odd things I have seen lately, donation boxes for Minnesota military troops returning from Iraq. This isn't the only donation campaign on the go, a number of others have been set up to help the families of those in the military. Now I have no problem with all of this (I'm surprised Canada hasn't done it just to replace those damn SeaKings), I am highly supportive of anyone who is willing to defend his/her countrymen, I think it's quite noble and brave. However when you hear of how much money is being given to companies like Halibuton you have to wonder, perhaps they could pay the combat troops just a bit more? Instead it will be the poor helping to support the poor, while the rich shuffle around the money that they take from the poor. You know it's a hell of a system we have going on here. Now if only I could find my way to the top of it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home