Thursday, August 25, 2005

People like this deserve to be shot

I'm not even kidding any more, I'm sick and tired of this kind of asinine behaviour. What has me in such a fuming state is news that a doctor is being sued for telling his patient that she is fat and needs to lose weight. Any guesses which country this happened in?

What the hell is wrong with people that they can claim to be offended by a medical diagnosis? Hell if a doctor told me to stop thinking about sex for the sake of my health I would not be offended (I would be seriously troubled but not offended). To me it is logically impossible, or at least irrational, to be offended by a fact. It's like being offended because I've been told that the sun rises in the east.

You know, I think I have a new solution to this whole mess. Ok, so it's not a good solution, but it's one that seems highly appropriate to me. From now on I am going to sue all people who file ridiculous lawsuits. My premise, I'm offended by their stupidity. It's about as valid as most of their complaints. I figure if this works I can sue them for whatever they get from their lawsuits, and maybe give half of it to some charity...the rest will be used to medicate me and pay for all the things I destroy every time I hear about one of these idiots in the news.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could someone then file a frivolous lawsuit against you for filing a frivolous lawsuit against someone for filing a frivolous lawsuit? It’d be like some sort of infinite shit loop.

1:01 p.m.

 
Blogger Christopher Robin said...

Yeah, your right, that would probably happen. But on the plus side of things the lawyers would be too busy dealing with this shit and then no real crimes would have time to be prosecuted.

I think we've finally found a way to shut the system down entirely...

1:31 p.m.

 
Blogger pacatrue said...

What I never get on these lawsuits is why aren't they dismissed outright by the court and never trouble anyone again? I mean there will always be idiots to sue people over idiotic reasons. But the judge is supposed to look at it and say, "that's crap" and toss it. But so often they say "hmmm we should spend tens of thousands of dollars evaluating this claim."

2:54 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What offends me, Sir Alpha, is your use of grammar: "your right"? Come on man, didn't Chuck proofread your (or should I type you're) thesis?

1:15 p.m.

 
Blogger Christopher Robin said...

It is of even greater offense to me that you address me as "Sir Alpha". As you stated in your comment I have completed my thesis, my proper title is "Dr. Alpha" and don't you forget it ;)

But that being said you are right about the spelling error, I should have noticed that.

8:13 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home