Saturday, August 27, 2005

More and more people know

Well it seems that my blog is starting to gather some attention from the people that I know in Minneapolis. I figured that this would happen at some point, but now that I'm there it feels a bit odd. I guess the odd part is the question of whether or not I should censor what I say (or if I will do so somewhat subconsciously). It is rather funny that it was Friday that someone from work mentioned seeing the blog, a few minutes later I found out that some guys from dodgeball had found it as well, and possibly one of the members of the Birchwood cycling team (the group I'm riding with). So after a bit of thought I'm just going to say this: The blog will not change, I will still speak my mind.

That being said do realize that I will make fun of you if you do something particularly foolish. I will not use names in such instances out of courtesy, but that is all I will hold back. I have always said, at least to myself (yes I talk to myself a lot, I'm doing it right now) that I am an open book. I don't intend to keep secrets from the people I know, and if there is something about me that you don't like, tough, I have to live with myself, I don't have to live with you.

Now a more important question to all this is why the hell did I bother to tell you that nothing will change? I don't know, but it's a Saturday night and I have no social life, so this makes me feel like a big man! Actually I'm doing this in part so that you know that I know that you are reading (I check the site counter constantly, just hoping to see it go up ever so slightly, yes I know my life is sad, didn't you read the sentence before this one?).

So for those of you who came on here looking for some juicy details about my life, here you go, fell free to laugh derisively at me, I can take it (so long as the hit counter goes up, shit I'm obsessed with that damn thing). Friday night I had a very nice evening with a very lovely woman. She is a member of my bike club, though we have yet to ride together. She contacted me a little over a week ago after seeing my "new rider info" where I had listed dancing as one of my hobbies. She was interested in getting involved in doing some salsa dancing, so we agreed to take some courses but we also figured that we should meet at least once before. So Friday night she came over after a late bike ride and we went to the dance studio and then to a nearby bar/restaurant for a quick bite to eat. All in all we spent about 2 hours together and the time just seemed to fly by. She's quite charming and has done a lot in life and seems quite outgoing. Heck she's even going off to Spain at the end of September to do some biking. Oh yeah, she'll be riding with Tyler Hamilton, he's one of her friends! Ok, for the none cyclists that means nothing, but to a cyclist, that's just damn cool.

Anyway, I'm not one to rush into anything, and at this point I expect nothing to come from all this. Well that's not true, I expect to improve my salsa and hopefully make a few new friends along the way. But I obviously she has been popping in an out of my mind since last night, otherwise, why dedicate half a post to her.

Now a curious little question has popped into mind, is she the one from the club who found my web page? If so was it really that great of an idea to write this post after all?

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher Robin said...

Actually I can pin the coworker on you, Adam found it through your blog. Anyway as I said, I don't really care who finds the blog.

7:52 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home